Monday 9 January 2012

Steps

There was a parcel I knew a courier would bring today and one minute after he rang to tell me he was five minutes away the chemist's delivery driver rang to say he was on the doorstep with another package. Good timing I thought! My neighbour from the flat upstairs came down in between receipt of the two. I haven't actually seen her to speak to for week and the first thing she said was had I heard about Andrew. Awkward! Anyway, I'd not been looking forward to this encounter but it got it out of the way and in a public place as well! Unusually smart and tidy she was...wondered if she had an appointment with some sort of professional.

I'm grateful for a useful synchronisation of events anyway! I'm grateful for Laura coming back to start back at finishing the sitting room. Still a way to go with that but good to catch up with her anyway. I give thanks for a fairly mild and still evening so the windows can be left open a while and that I don't have you actually watch paint dry but can watch TV instead! I'm grateful for the more of the utterly fascinating Nothing to Declare about the various work done by customs officers in Australia and heartwarming and sometimes jaw dropping Got to Dance. I find this so much more pleasant that the musical talent shows as all styles and ages are welcome and commercial potential is not the top requirement. The standard this year is astonishingly high and they don't focus a great deal on that which isn't which is refreshing, plus the judges always manage to find something kind to say and praise really going for it even if skill is limited or technique is poor. And a special mention for the inclusive Magpie Dance group whose spokesperson pointed out we are all natural born dancers whatever our abilities. I give thanks I had the opportunity to work with people like these, in many kinds of enabling ways - dance included. I'm grateful for all the food on my shelves...I've just got to train it to jump from the cupboard and fridge ones to the cooker ones. Another work in progress!

1 comment:

  1. Just because you mentioned 'Nothing to Declare' this came back to me.

    Earlier I watched The One Show on BBC and on there was a piece about these Bee's that they've trained to become drug sniffers...sounds ridiculous but was totally amazing...see if you can find it on iplayer.

    Very mild here today as well - always makes me think that there's a freezing cold spell coming when it suddenly goes *this* mild overnight.

    xxXxx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics