Saturday 28 January 2012

Angel day

I'm SOOOO tired but I'll just quickly post something about my day before I drift towards the horizontal. I decided last night I needed 'angelic' help to address my childhood fears...I have a disabling terror of bullying and abuse that stems from a serious shortfall of security and protection while I was growing up. But I survived that and I am grown up now and even though part of me still thinks people are going to do me harm there's no more point in running away and hiding than there ever was! I am grateful for another chance to learn to deal with conflict and confrontation...honestly I am, even though it's hard!

I thought this morning...for goodness sake woman...you've fought cancer well enough for it to back off - this shows how strong you are. I'm sure you can deal with neighbours and landlords intimidating you, too. And with the fear that they might! And the first thing I found when I got outside my door was that the landing light switch had been fixed!!! I have a working landing light for the first time for well over a year...woohoo! It wasn't like that on Thursday afternoon and I can't remember if I checked yesterday so who knows but it only happened because I've stood my ground so it seemed a good reinforcement of this resolution...

Then in the lovely warm sunshine I decided I wanted to go somewhere out of sight of here and took a bus ride along the coast a little to where the shape of the headland means you can't. And I went to the cafe with the most spectacular view for miles and when I realised all the window tables were taken I asked a woman sitting alone if I could share. And we sat happily ignoring each other and admiring the scenery for a while and then she asked me if my soup was good to break the conversational ice. I said I'd needed to get away from home to have a fresh perspective and think about things and she said she was doing the same thing because she had difficulty dealing with conflict and it must go back to her childhood. Now sometimes when a stranger starts telling you stuff like this you feel a bit over informed perhaps but I was like 'oh don't start crying with amazement at cosmic synchronicity for goodness sake...you came out to get some, afterall, ha ha!' and so we had a lovely chat and then went out separate ways and then I set off for a little stroll, wondering how far I should push myself to go and met a 78yr old woman who had been knocked down by a car and was trying to get her walking legs back so...yeah, you get the idea I'm thinking. Brilliant day...too many things I'm grateful for to mention, lots of 'angelic' hints and tips including a house with a pair of cherub size feathered wings in the window, and sunshine and views and nice things to eat and interesting people and friendly dogs to talk to... hope yours was just as good too!

6 comments:

  1. Angel, your landing light has been fixed after almost a year! What about your soggy kitchen ceiling from the leak upstairs? oh sorry, your cylinder from the other side of the house,there must be a chain gang of mice with buckets.
    Glad you had a pleasent, thought provoking day: me, I have done a bit of diy preparation for finishing the limed oak shelf in my shower room(one of those dreckly jobs left since 2007), and my friend Diana has been round and started a couple of seaside view vignette in the same shower room, progress! She bought me a small round mirror made to look like a lifebuoy with rope handles, looks great. Lets hope my inspiration period continues and the skirting, door architraves and doors get painted too! Horizontal NCIS & CSI watching this evening, my goodness me, tis after midnight, night Angel hope you sleep well.
    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's over a year since there's been working switch up here though you could use the timer switch on the floor below to turn it on which wasn't much help if you were walking down in the dark! Before that there was no light at all for several weeks - anywhere on the stairs and landings. Before that it had been on for a while...before that off. In the four and a quarter years since I moved in we've had maybe six months of light in the stairwell and that intermittent and dependent on constant legal pressure... Never mind my kitchen ceiling is drying so the mice have the weekend off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats amazing the sycronicity! sometimes I don't know whether it means something, then it happens again and I think its just got to!!

    I remember the dalai lama and his idea of 'anger' that you don't have to 'take' it and accept it - leave it with the person who has it !! its all a choice

    Or the story of twins going to London, the 1st sees the filth, the homelessness, the negative, and the 2nd sees amazing architecture, the wonderful Thames, interesting people etc - you get the idea, its all to do with our own perspective, what thoughts we think we attract etc,

    Okay I'll shut up now ha ha !
    Sally xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everything means something but doesn't mean we understand what! I'm so glad Bob gets this kind of thing...It's important we educate the next generation, don't you think?

      Delete
  4. Your lease bundle should arrive Mon or Tues(posted 1st Class).
    You have a fire alarm system, I hope this includes emergency lighting. Both of these should be checked by a company qualified to do so every 6 months and certificated as such. And checked as to working order and signed for every month by the landlords local rep, or a responsible resident. Fire extinguishers: 1 should be on every floor or landing, and checked and certificated once a year. Every flat door should be a fire door and have intumescent strips, all new laws in HMO's Sorry forgot all this when going through your paperwork Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard of this legislation Pat but there's no need here because the stairs are wet! One thing at a time...

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics