Monday 11 January 2016

Just for one day

Gee, I give thanks that Colin is writing my blog today...I could do with an evening off for my body to process a teacup full of beer! Ah, shucks...I forgot to give him my password tho, so I'll have to do it myself...

I give thanks I'd a full schedule of utterly abandonable things to do today, because sometimes the best thing to do with a day is just to be...And for the joy of just being with someone else being joyous of course!

I give thanks for the pair of magpies waiting for us at the Warren...for the cows showing us which way was north. For the astonishing bright sunshine and just enough waves for one of us to get a wetsuit on (no, no prizes for guessing!) For not so many waves as to make the one of us who forgot to charge their camera battery get cross...

So far 2016 has been the year of living differently...so I give thanks for doing yet another thing I'd not done before - putting wax on a surfboard (and for avoiding any slang phrase for this so you don't think I mean something else)

For a flask of tea, and Thornton's excellent caramels...for big puddles on the road that wasn't really closed, and for driving down the road that said it was closed and through the big puddles at immoderate and splashy speed.

For a pub lunch to pick at, plus a chauffeured trip to Waitrose because cooking tea was one of the things that got abandoned...and to Waitrose for having such excellent ready made food. For being able to talk about serious things but also for lots of laughter...

I give thanks to David Bowie for the title of this post, and for much much more of course. Be heroes everyone...be heroes every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics