Friday 15 January 2016

Hot and cold running late

It was too cold to get out of bed this morning so I'm grateful I'd already decided a quiet restful day was a good idea. I'm grateful my desire for hot wet caffeine eventually got me up a little bit...and for thinking to fill up my hot water bottle to snuggle back under the duvet with too. That soon warmed me up... and wet the bed as I didn't have the stopper in properly! I'm grateful years as a urology patient means this wasn't quite as destructive as it might have been and after stripping it I could still pop back under the quilt for a snooze...

I'm grateful I was sure that just right piece of fabric for lengthening a lovely little top I got on eBay was somewhere on the premises and the search spurred me on climbing up ladders and grovelling on hands and knees to rummage in various storage areas, as I'm sure I needed some exercise as well as rest...and now I'm quite sure it wasn't!

I'm grateful for chocolate chili rooibos tea from the Christmas before last but not tried before. Very cockle warming...

I'm grateful for finally reaching a suitable temperature to brave trying on various outfits to wear out tomorrow night. In deference to the occasion and the venue I thought it would be nice not to wear jeans, leggings, a fleece or woolly pully, but also avoid unsuitable expanses of flesh for a fifty and rather a lot train passenger minus a plus one on the coldest night of the year...So, as that took forever, I'm grateful for left over pasta for my tea!

I'm grateful if I finish that quick I might have time and energy left for one more task I'd really like to complete today...without forgetting to remake my bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics