Saturday 30 January 2016

Missed a bit

I give thanks for neighbouring dwellings being strangely silent yesterday evening, and indeed most of today. Some folk had clearly left the building but some were home and so quiet it was tempting to call out 'Are you OK? Should I call an ambulance?' But I didn't disturb the peace and give thanks for the joy of not having to watch something on TV just to drown out the sound of someone else doing something similar...

I give thanks for a wonderful dream of the warmth of not being alone, and for managing not to be too miserable waking up and finding it not real. That's always the tricksy bit isn't it - to be aware of what you're missing but not let the missing of it spoil what you actually have?

I give thanks for the morning sun on the lichen and a green field not far away; for remembering there might be mushroom and goats' cheese filo pies in the farmers' market and accepting I'd just have to snack on the memory as there was no way my body was taking me out today...


I give thanks for managing to avoid seeing the result of the men's doubles final in Melbourne so that I could properly enjoy the highlights on BBC...excellent stuff!

I give thanks for sorting out a cupboard and realising something else I'm missing this winter is ladybirds. Usually there's a bunch of them move in in October and half heartedly hibernate here but I've not seen one...nor heard their familiar buzzy rattle and hum... But most of all I think today (so far anyway) I give thanks for cleaning in a corner that rarely sees the light of day and thus finding a rose quartz earring loved and lost...and often missed a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics