Friday 1 January 2016

Year in, year out

Yay! I give thanks for something to celebrate yesterday evening - that my aches and pains eased off so that I could flit from one side of the building to the other to see the fireworks going off. And for the wind being still so I could have the window open and hear the crowds in town counting down to midnight...and other parties near by on slightly different clocks!

I know it's arbitrary where one year begins and ends, but I give thanks for the twelve months we called 2015 being over. Apart from a few random handfuls of exquisitely happy hours, for which I'm extremely grateful of course, it was a period of much despondency, even desolation... I give thanks for trying always to be compassionate and kind, including towards myself regarding my own foolishness and failures, and for all I came to understand better through its challenges.

So, back in the nearer now...I give thanks for some delayed gifts from Bob. Christmas wasn't particularly Christmassy this year but it's certainly been long! I give thanks to Tamsin for a link to some of the most stunning images I've ever seen. I've not looked at them all yet, and as there's 100 I looking at one or two very carefully each week seems a nice idea, instead of just glancing and moving quickly on...
http://brightside.me/article/100-best-photographs-without-photoshop-46555/?

I give thanks for a delicious long lunch at Jenny's today, enjoying her wonderful view in between the torrential rain...and then coming home to enjoy a documentary about Roy Orbison in between the wind howling. Of course I'm far too young to be a Roy Orbison fan...but people have been pointing that out since I was about five years old!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics