Saturday 9 January 2016

Lucky in love

I give thanks for waking in dark of morning, before any pain and sorrow could creep into any corners of my being...

For stilling my mind and contentedly contemplating my breath...until the rain outside became so monsoon heavy I just had to get up and look, even though it was still pitch black... I give thanks for watching the lights of two ships do-si-doing around each other in the channel, and one shining a search light bright beam right across the patch of sea I see...

http://www.rachellelamb.com/blog/2015/1/10/may-you-fall-madly-in-love
For logging on to Facebook and seeing an old friend had posted a link to this beautiful poem which made me think I really must give thanks that I am so lucky in love! Though great passions and tendernesses have tended to pass me by. I am blessed with such an abundance of appreciation for life's little moments, miracles and madnesses. I give thanks that I love myself enough to make up for all the folk who've found it so hard to do so...and have love enough left over for them as well!

I give thanks for falling back to sleep again cosily. For the heady scent of narcissi in my messy kitchen. For Linda for a link to pipes and drums as I've not heard (or seen) them before...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0mypcwk2M4

And for thinking of somewhere to go with Laura on an afternoon with more torrential rain and a decent hailstorm too (I give thanks that I love weather!)...somewhere neither of us had been before but which we definitely want to go back to to see more...and eat more (and all in a most excellent cause!)
http://www.discoverhannahs.org/seale-hayne/about-seale-hayne/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics