Wednesday 6 January 2016

Nothing to sea here

Despite various parts of my body waking me up to discuss the wisdom of swimming, I give thanks for delightful dreams that whales were swimming just off the shore here... And even more for then reading on Facebook humpbacks have actually been seen in a bay down the coast a way. Check out Cornwall Wildlife Trust's page or this article about when they were here a few days ago...

http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk/Rare-humpback-whale-sighting-yards-Cornish-coast/story-28461162-detail/story.html

I give thanks for the seascape here being pretty today despite no whales nor waves...


I give thanks for Mima suggesting we meet up for a catch up as not only was one most welcome and due, but I had to go into town and still creaking and aching from yesterday so a sit down mid shop was necessary too. I give thanks to Nick, two different Julies and Claire for limbering up my conversational skills on the way, and for leaving a lingering chuckle in a dentist's reception room...

I give thanks for going to our Wetherspoon's for the first time and conceding it really is a rather nice, spacious space and very civilised. You can get a cuppa for 99p and even a cream tea or toasted teacake so clearly they must have heard when I said it wouldn't have anything for me!

I give thanks for a twinkling pilot ship and cargo coaster in the twilight luring me down the back beach to watch them dock when I felt I could go no further. I give thanks for my sofa now I really know I can't! I give thanks to Gary for a fine idea for something I could do for someone else, and to me for bringing a bunch of deliciously fragrant narcissi home for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics