Wednesday 20 January 2016

Trying times

I give thanks for a bit more vicarious walking in the Himalayas last night...I know I should try to be grateful for what I've got, but I do still lust after wandering!

I give thanks for still feeling quite unusually well and for deciding, as I often do this time of year, that a sunny day was a good day to go commando way. Locals will know this is poetic licence regarding a scenic train journey. Non locals, fear not...it's much too cold to leave off any garment layers! 

I give thanks the first train pulled away as I and another passenger stood trying to open the doors because it gave us a chance to bond in indignant astonishment...and also gave me a chance to buy a ticket and a cuppa and get a nice seat to enjoy it on the next train which was a proper one with tables! 


I give thanks for convincing myself a kind of fabric I wanted was to be found in the town at the end of the line...and that it was, even though I didn't know the shop I bought it in was! I give thanks for finding lots of other little bargains too including a delicious potato and onion filo pastry for my lunch. I give thanks for trying to spread smiles and warmth...literally as well as metaphorically by advising market traders that bubble wrap is the best insulation...

I give thanks that I always try to be patient and understanding towards those more mentally challenged than myself. Sometimes, especially when it's healthcare professionals and my healthcare they are failing to understand, I admit I'm not very good at it...but I do try! I give thanks I arrived home too late to return another pointless point missing call from my particular current nemesis as, though I've resolved to try and limit my explanations to words of one syllable, I'd be sorely tempted to insert an extraneous two syllable one in the sentence 'Read the notes!'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics