Sunday 24 January 2016

Experiential

I give thanks for feeling the drear and doing it anyway...and thus discovering what no master chef nor Come Dine With Me contestant has ever demonstrated ie. that the most foolproof way to ensure your eyes don't sting and water when you're chopping onions is to be sobbing your heart out while you do. I give thanks I know I'm not a wimp for crying...it's just my body trying to do the best it can
http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/healthy-living/wellbeing/a10637/the-health-benefits-of-crying/

I give thanks I didn't realise that Eurosport were going to have exclusive rights to the Australian Open when I downgraded my Sky package last year...otherwise I would have been sorely tempted not to. It was meant to be a cost cutting exercise and financially it has been, but at what cost emotionally! Match fixing or not I need my fix of live tennis and I reckon a couple of hours shouting at the the TV could be just what the doctor ordered - if I were the type to take orders from doctors of course. Oh well, Clive's no longer available to do the early morning sausage sarnie breakfasts any more either...

I give thanks for resisting the urge to gatecrash Gary's road trip. Much as I'd have loved the company and the journey of changing horizons it would have been a bit of a miserable place to wander round in the winter on my own til he was ready to come back. I know because I spent a weekend on my own there in the summer once and it's really not designed for it! So, as in the long run it would have probably made me feel worse not better, everyone who's finding me grumpy and/or uncommunicative at the moment can give thanks too...

I give thanks that neither the Council nor the tenants have still really got the hang of the communal recycling bins on the terrace so that a trip to the big ones was necessary. I give thanks that I didn't get round to this til the day was turning murky and folk few and far between as, while I've been compared to a canine on a good day, on a bad one it's definitely Hound of the Baskervilles! I give thanks for the pretty sky and a bit of a brisk walk to see it better...while exercise is widely acknowledged to be good for depression I've yet to hear of a remedy for depression partly caused by the loss of ability to do anything the doer actually considers exercise...but a bit of a brisk walk is better than none at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics