Monday 25 January 2016

Having a whale of

I give thanks for being woken up in the night by a fox barking again...well, if you're going to be woken up by a noise I'd rather it was a wild animal rather than a wild human ...or one of their domestications. There's a local Jack Russell wears a bandana and I'm afraid to my mind this sentence was already bad by the end of the first five words let alone the following three...

I give thanks for going back to sleep and having a great dream early this morning - the best bit of the day so far by far. I was having lunch with someone I know a bit, and some friends I used to know a lot somewhere in North Devon where there's a big sweeping bay. In my dream I knew the place well but I couldn't put a name to it in waking life. Anyway we were sitting in the sunshine on a high up balcony looking out over the still calm shallow water and I knew something good was going to happen and was saying 'Look, watch this!' and a big whale shark shaped and marked fish swam close to the shore giving a final wriggle just at the edge of the water to push itself out onto the sand. A fisherman went down to meet it and put his hand in its enormous mouth and pulled out a toy doll...then the fish went back and got another. What's that? You don't think it's that good a dream? Well it seemed good to me and my companions in my sleep...

I give thanks for sorting out a bag of fabric and yarn scraps fit only for recycling. I give thanks that after phoning up to check the place that takes them was open...getting there and finding they don't take them more...getting to the Red Cross skip in the car park and finding that full...Linda kindly took them off my hands!

I give thanks that thanks to my acting as a solicitor there's a management company to report repairs required to nowadays instead of a shouty landlord. I'll give even more thanks if they sort them out of course...

I give thanks after going to the knitting group and nodding and smiling (I typed sliming the first time!) in at least some of the right places, I got back and finished off making a veggie shepherd's pie for tea with Rachel... plus rustled up some gluten free chocolate cookies for a surprise as she can't eat the normal kind. Guess I'll always feel a failure but you can't say I don't try... Here's another picture from last night.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics