Tuesday 10 April 2012

Empathetic

I'm grateful I've been suffering a bit less the last couple of days. Physically there's a lot of stuff going on still I'd rather be without but mentally I'm feeling a bit stronger. I hate it when I start feeling sorry for myself, I mean seriously what use is that? Once in a while someone else feeling sorry for you can be handy especially if they are well and you are not but if you are on your own 'Woe is me!' does not get the washing up done! Better to apply the serenity prayer to things...if it can be made better, do it and if not just accept and move on.

There were a couple of people who had said they would come and nurture me a little and they didn't. They were people who had said how much they relied on nurturing after they had been in hospital so I thought they had meant it...and perhaps they had but it didn't fit into their plans after all. To be fair they only knew what it was like to have someone there, they couldn't really imagine what it was like without, or perhaps they tried and didn't like it! I wish they hadn't said it because I was waiting and hoping, you know but that's expectations for you...and I'm sure they meant well. It's been tough but what doesn't kill you etc. I survived and I do understand there are things a lot more fun to do with time off work afterall. I'm grateful for the opportunity to become more aware of my own inner strength.

I give thanks for the fresh washedness of the morning. For hot water heating for fresh washedness of clothing and bedding and me. For another rest in bed between the processes of getting ready to deal with the day. The outside world for me later...am a little trepidatious (wearing proper clothes! other people!) but there's time yet to prepare... Maybe another chapter of that good book before I make a move bathroomwards.

1 comment:

  1. Angel, thankful that your feeling slightly less fragile and jaded than you were, and that you might actually 'break free' from your building today. I wish you a pleasant sojourn into the outside world, with interesting people watching, and social interaction. Stay safe and take care.
    Tough one when people voice good intentions and then never make muster, my flipping daughter does it to me all the time, says in the morning she will come over, I wait & wait, pointlessly!
    Good job I still had chocolates left over from a giant Dairy Box received for Christmas otherwise Easter would have been a 'Choc free zone'
    Gentle cyber :-)) ((Hugs)) & best wishes Pat xx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics