Monday 2 April 2012

Home entertainment

Another gently sunny day. I give thanks for the sight and sounds of it and yesterday for those of the nicer neighbours out enjoying it. Chap next door playing his acoustic guitar and the hippies downstairs picnicking on the lawns, practising their bongos and hula hoops. I loved it!

I give thanks for getting the jobs done I set myself...going down to the front door to let the nurse in, detangling and washing my hair, getting things out of the freezer, heating and eating them and washing up afterwards. Today, likewise, I've ticked off changing my stoma bag, having a shower, making a couple of phone calls and putting the washing on and getting it out again. So another busy day, eh?

In between I've mostly been dozing with a book or TV, no live sport...far too energetic! I am grateful that I'm perfectly content with this and I'm afraid for now you must be too. Once again apologies to those who are awaiting a response but writing this has taken hours and I don't want to write emails or other messages out of duty... Maybe later, maybe tomorrow, we'll see...

I'm grateful for the excellent Room - a very well chosen book from Bob, and for Heinz Farmers' Market soups. Ring pull tins and actually taste of vegetables!

4 comments:

  1. I'm very content that your content! And it's lovely to hear your managing things ok,

    I'd only just asked Derek the other day if he'd seen my hula hoop anywhere? In the shed was the reply, apparently it's the best thing in the world for achieving a stunning waistline! Hmmm? I'm obviously not using it enough hehe,

    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally I never could keep the hoop round my waist when I was a kid, never tried it since, probably hit the deck as before!
    Happy to note that you are getting along so well Angel, considering the serious nature of your surgery, I would give you 20 out of 10 for confounding the medical profession out of their socks.
    Love and gentle hugs. Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally I never could keep the hoop round my waist when I was a kid, never tried it since, probably hit the deck as before!
    Happy to note that you are getting along so well Angel, considering the serious nature of your surgery, I would give you 20 out of 10 for confounding the medical profession out of their socks.
    Love and gentle hugs. Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. one time I couldn't post at all , honest I only pressed publish once, and just like yesterday it did it twice Angel you must think I'm some sort of senile twit! Pat

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics