Thursday 12 April 2012

High as a flight

Ha ha! If you search for the Orb's original Little Fluffy Clouds on Youtube without choosing your words carefully you're likely to come up with videos of contrails and ufos as well. Kind of appropriate I guess...What were the skies like when you were young? Full of diamonds?

OK, for anyone who missed out on a misspent youth/middle age today's post starts here! with a link to great pictures of contrails and planes and fluffy clouds too...
http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2012/03/jets-clouds-effects-ephemeral-sky-show.html

I had interesting but mega busy dreams last night and am quite exhausted today. I'm grateful I've negotiated some learning curves relating to new physical 'arrangements' and that extra rest between activity will give my body more chance to heal. I give thanks for a tasty stir fry I made last night (no wonder I'm tired...all that chopping and standing and stirring!) and for be able to doze on the sofa with some Barleycup and fig rolls and an old episode of Cold Case instead of washing and getting dressed. One of my mottos is to do to yourself as you would have others do to you and what I'd like best is for someone to tuck me up on the sofa with a hot drink and a biscuit or two so that is what I've done. It's also quite nice not having anyone around hinting I should be behaving otherwise!

I give thanks for the feeling of clean skin (yes, I got round to it in the end) and for finding something no doubt less nutritious but far less energetic for tea today. I give thanks that the day has clouded over...sorry if that's selfish but dull afternoons are better for British naps. I'm grateful that I've got some washing done and hung and particularly that none of it will need ironing and that we had a little bit of sky gold at both ends of the day yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics