Sunday 8 April 2012

Novelty

Gratitude for ideal late Saturday afternoon snoozing weather...mild enough to have the window open but too damp and grey for the neighbours to be having barbecues or mowing the grass. For a the sight of a perfect round yellow moon rising over the trees. For a clean made bed to get into.

For some pleasant TV. I'm not wild about talent competitions but oh my word do I love the audition stages when contestants surprise us all with their unexpected skill or spirit. Sometimes you can tell when they're going to be good or at least the kind of performance they aspire to give by by their appearance or voice. And that's OK...I'd rather watch someone be good than bad even if the act is a bit predictable. This year's BGT so far I've given thanks for the Sugar Dandies gay male ballroom duo and the large heavy metal looking teenage tenor, for the Zimmers for fighting for their right to paaaarrteeee...for the Mend who looked perhaps they might but who did a brilliant Dock of the Bay (one of my fave songs anyway) and who had a white lead vocalist who reminded me of a young Ali Campbell by sounding so black. I'm aware the previous paragraph may mean very little to many readers so if you're puzzling it can simply be translated as lots of happy gratitudes!

Today I give thanks for getting up and dressed, for keeping myself lightly fed and watered, and, if not getting the washing and washing up under control exactly, at least stopping it from running riot. I give thanks for enthralling novels and nature programmes and lots and lots more naps in between.

I may venture outdoors tomorrow...it'll probably make the local news if I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics