Monday 16 April 2012

Getting a snooze on

Gratitude this morning for a relatively sound night's sleep...despite a welcome morning nap and a late afternoon siesta yesterday! I've decided to adopt a policy of not trying to try harder for which I'm truly thankful.... I think those who ask how I am would like to hear about progress in restoration of vigour but either I'm going to have to lie or they are going to have to lump it...and I don't do lies I'm afraid, not even white ones to make other people feel better.

It's dawned on me that as very few already not particularly well people look after themselves after such major surgery, pretty much no one actually has a clue what it's like. All those cheery suggestions about little walks around 'the house and garden' probably assume that this is while someone else is making the meals and getting the washing done. As long as I'm performing the essentials (and I decide what they are, OK?) I'm snoozing as much as I like...or even more so should my body think it's necessary!

Thanks for the sight of clustering sails of yacht club races bunching up through the narrow channel in the sunshine and storms over the weekend. For making myself a 'proper' lunch with vegetables and cheese and seeds. For a brilliant documentary about the Baka in the Cameroon rainforest in the 1980s. There's a sequel but I think it might be sad. For lying in bed at ten in the morning and no one around to tell me I ought to get up or being begrudging about bringing me tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics