Wednesday 25 April 2012

Findings

Heavens! I don't know what was falling down from them last night...a meteor shower? Frozen frogs or fishes? Loaves? Whatever it was it was it was very noisy but I was awake anyway. Sometimes I find it hard to get/stay comfortable and am extremely grateful that I don't have a trying-to-be sleeping partner or a boss expecting me to be bright eyed and bushy tailed first thing! I also give thanks that years ago I twigged that a good rest is better that a bad sleep and don't waste my night huffing and puffing and tossing and turning and constantly watching the clock but just relax as best I can with a book, or some meditation or metta.

This morning when I finally levered myself upright and peered outside I was sure there'd be some devastation in sight but everything looked intact. A tanker was struggling out into the rough open sea through the tight bends of the narrow channel in the sandbanks and I was both grateful to be able to watch it and that it eventually made it OK. A couple of times I thought I could see smaller boats sinking but then I realised they were actually just BIG waves!

Gratitude for keeping a biscuit tin under the bed and binoculars on the window sill! For finding a dry gap to go down and take the recycling out, for the lovely pasta with veggies, olives and pesto I made for my lunch and for the warm full feeling afterwards snuggled up on the sofa with the TV. And this might sound daft but I'm also grateful for finding out the doctors are now worried about my anaemia as this means I can stop worrying about becoming a couch potato!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics