Friday 27 April 2012

Dodging the showers

Despite parking myself on a bench for ten minutes yesterday afternoon there were still more things on the 'to do in town' list than my body wanted to...so when I managed to get an appointment for the blood samples to be taken today I was grateful as it meant I could just go to acupuncture and then go home and leave the rest of the shopping. I pretty much fell into the taxi I was so exhausted and was grateful when the driver got out to open my door when we arrived. I put my key in the downstairs door and it turned OK but wouldn't open. It does swell and stick a bit in the wet so I put my bags down and used all my remaining energy to shove and kick but it refused to give more than a couple of centimetres and they revealed some cardboard jammed underneath. I couldn't open the door enough to move it and was really flummoxed for a while. Then I tried the doorbell of the nice new people and someone came straight away and picked up the cardboard which proved to be a flat package for them that had just landed in an odd way coming through the letter box. She said 'Is your name Gabi? We signed for a catalogue parcel for you the other day...I'll go and get it.' I was a bit puzzled as I'd just gone to collect a catalogue parcel from my usual delivery place but by then I was desperate just to get indoors and put the shopping down and me on a chair. After a bit I went to get a cup of tea and I really fancied some milk chocolate. I've usually got lovely dark chocolate in the house but in a while I fancy something a bit sweeter. Oh, well, I thought as the kettle boiled and I began to unpack the bags. I got to the package from downstairs and ripped it open to find it was a 'free gift' of fudge and marshmallow milk chocolate! Guess what word I had beginning with 'g'!


Later I had a lovely long (yes...thankful!) bath and then changed my bag for one of the new samples that had arrived and was soon tucked up in bed reading. Just as I went to turn out the light I thought 'That's odd...didn't I dry myself properly after the bath?' Er, no, a 'wardrobe malfunction' and luckily still confined to my 'wardrobe' and not yet reaching the bed. So I tried to concentrate on how lucky that was as I changed everything else and then couldn't get off to sleep. Finally I did though and was woken by brilliant sunshine and the prettiest birdsong for which I was truly thankful. I had to get up earlyish to let someone in from the council so was all dressed and breakfasted and ready to go out when I realised the second bag was pouring away soaking two tops, underwear, jeans... Yes, I WAS grateful this had happened before I left for town but not totally blissed out you understand! I won't be using the rest of those samples and I've gone back to a sort I've had no trouble with so far... 


When I'd changed I realised I was cutting it fine to book a cab to the surgery and tried the three I could find cards for with no success and decided if I set off straight away I could walk there in time but if I hung around looking through the phone book I'd be late. And yes I was grateful for the opportunity to strengthen my legs but even more so for apparently turning off the rain as soon as I walked through the front door and making bright sunshine come out! I was also thankful I remembered to pack a sturdy carrier bag to sit on the still damp seaside seat with. I love watching happy couples my age and older strolling along holding hands or chatting companionably and gave thanks that love and companionship is not just for the young. Some of them had dogs as well though and I'd just been chuckling to myself that that was just plain greedy and they should share when a man with a dog but a wife who was shopping came and started up a conversation with me and we had a lovely chat about this and that. He was a very interesting man to talk to and afterwards he shook my hand and said he hoped we'd meet again and I said I did too! I was grateful for the universe for not hanging about manifesting my request and went off to finish doing my messages much restored. (You can't take the Scotland out of the girl ha ha!) Now I'm home, creaking all over and very thankful to have the kettle on and a big choux bun awaiting my urgent attention!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics