Tuesday 3 April 2012

Snow flakey

Gratitude to Laura for coming to see me yesterday, delivering some bits I needed, taking some rubbish away and making me a cup of tea. In the course of our conversation I realised I was giving thanks for some strange sounding things...for not being a man (as the post operative phase after an operation like this is probably more stressful for them), for not having anyone to look after me (as they might not let me do just as I like, when I like and so on) and for having spent a few years already unwell and alone (as I don't get as obsessed with bodily malfunction as one who has an audience might and have also become very adept at judging when to push myself further and when to STOP!)

I don't really like dwelling on symptoms, or attaching too much importance to outcomes, as you know, but on the whole I'm grateful I feel a bit brighter than yesterday when I felt worse than the day before... I give thanks to whoever thought of sending me a graze box to the ward...and to the ward for ringing to let me know and offering to send it on. I give thanks that it's still mild enough to have the windows open and snooze in the fresh air on my sofa... I'm grateful for pictures of snow covered Scottish gardens where people were doing summer things a week ago and for snowy blossom on a tree just down the terrace...

2 comments:

  1. Hello there,
    I'm afraid the last thing I'm giving is thanks for the snow covered gardens! Pleased there getting watered I suppose cos they are dry as sticks, but it's so cold up here today.

    I am giving thanks however to the best invention ever. A wallpaper steamer! My new house is covered from top to bottom!

    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the right attachments Lynn, wonderful for steaming carpets specially if you have a dog!
    Sorry you have had an off day Angel,but thankful your mainly on the up (your such a fidget to get things done as we have all read on this blog), but the body has it's own rebellious streak to stop/slow us down, and maybe that's no bad thing.
    Stay warm, stay safe and happy Pat xx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics