Saturday 7 April 2012

Sweet surprise

I give thanks for a delivery of lots of unnecessary things to eat. When you're appetite is jaded I think it's best to give it whatever it fancies for a while...how lucky I am to be able to pick and choose and have someone bring them right into my kitchen! Meant to order some Cadbury's mini eggs but forgot...but when I went down to let the delivery man in there was a packet of the very things arrived from Bob in the post! Excellent timing...

Gratitude too for Laura's willing hands - bed remade, a bit of ironing done, new kit stored away more picturesquely. I'm sure there are people who don't mind their homes taken over by surgical supplies. Heavens, we all know there are probably people who would pay extra for the privilege! Not me though...like my bedroom and bathroom to look as normal as can be...and now they do! Of course there are various agencies that I could ask for help from but from the literature I was given it seems that you mostly have to plan well in advance. With things like a bed that needs changing this may not be possible...and if you've not even registered yet and it's a very long Bank Holiday weekend you could probably weave new sheets before anyone came to change them. No probs, tis done (and I had a sleeping bag ready in case out wasn't!).

And I also give thanks for seeing adults swarming through one of the big gardens opposite earlier. After a few moments puzzling as to just what it was they were doing round the chicken pen, greenhouse, slide etc it dawned on me they were hiding Easter eggs for a hunt...and then a little after came the children to look for them. Not sure which group enjoyed it more...brilliant!

Time for a little nap for me. I hope you're all enjoying the weekend - spending time with favourite people maybe, going to favourite places, doing favourite things.... Special thoughts to those who can't do what they'd like best to, those in hospital or recently bereaved...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics