Tuesday 24 April 2012

hmsl

Before I think about my gratitudes for the day I just want to explain what I probably didn't make clear before...I don't particularly want to talk to anyone about ostomies any more than I've wanted to talk about cancer or any other (un)health thing. It's just nice sometimes not to have to deliberately NOT mention something that is a part of your life just to spare someone else's discomfort. It's like when I had alopecia I felt, even when I was OK with the sight of my own bald head (and warm enough!), it was still kinder to strangers to cover it up so they didn't feel awkward. Or playing down the prognosis when perhaps you'd got chatting and mentioned to someone you'd 'not been well' and they said they hoped you were on the mend. My head might have been under a scarf or a wig but it wasn't in the sand...just trying to be compassionate I guess.

I've been told I'm dying so many times but as I'm still here it seems a good plan to try and live better. I have a lot of changes that I'd like to make and am well aware that I can only change me even when it's other people who seem to be the problem! Most of the things we complain most about in others are aspects of ourselves we fear, or regret or would like to change. And I really must try harder not to complain about other people complaining all the time, ha ha!

Anyway, I'm grateful for giving my tummy muscles a bit more exercise yesterday. Not intentionally you know, not sit ups or digging the garden, just a bit more general daily this and that. They were a bit sore last night but that's good because I knew I'd been moving around. They were a bit sore chuckling this morning over Epic WTFs, Awkward Names and Parent Fails but that served me right for doing something so 'impure'. Much gratitude for the laughter though! Of course I've no idea what WTF stands for...maybe it's Well That's Fantastic...what do you think folks?

I'm grateful to Laura for putting a second lick of left over paint in the hallway. I really don't fancy the disruption of finishing my bedroom at the moment but it's good to have another bit of the place looking clean and fresh.

I'm grateful for allowing myself a gentler day again today. Just doing the things that need to be done, relaxing in between. I'm grateful for leftovers for my lunch. How lucky are we that we have leftovers eh? I'm grateful for dysfunctional Scandinavian women solving twisted crimes in bleak but strangely compelling surroundings...and for a sliver of sunshine through my window just now. When it's ready to come out properly I'll be ready too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics