Monday 9 April 2012

Breaking free

I don't know...you wait all your life for a flying car and then three turn up at once! I'm not kidding you - there is footage on the BBC website of an American one that turns into a plane, a Dutch one that turns into a gyrocopter and, from a few years back (but new news to me) a parajet one from Wiltshire. All the accounts had an 'every little boy's dream' tone to them which made me wonder what little girls were meant to dream of...adjustable length hair like Tressy perhaps? (I've had issues with the gendering of toys since my first traumatic trip to Santa's grotto when my big bro got a plastic battleship and I got a plastic doll!) Anyway, I don't know about you girls and boys but I think having a choice of flying cars is amazing and something to be grateful for in an abstract kind of way...

I give gratitude for the weather too today, blustery and showery, just right for a walk on the beach or a drive across the moors. Of course until I get the flying car I'm stuck indoors but I hope many of you are enjoying that kind of activity...or even a visit to a shopping centre if you're that way inclined! If you've been checking without success for news reports of my outing, Laura decided tomorrow might be a better day to go and who am I to argue? I might feel a tad more vigorous after another twenty four hours but I'm not going to be a very droll companion anyway, hobbling around dishevelled and possibly less than fragrant...and as likely as not drawing attention to myself by groaning now and then...maybe I should ask her mum if I can borrow the zimmer frame?

I do feel it's important to be in proper clothes and in the outside world at least once this week and at least once a week thereafter so I can start to feel more normal. Well what passes for normal for me anyhow...

I give thanks for a great documentary with performers, directors, physicists, a geneticist and an anthropologist talking about reality and perception, inspiration and creativity, knowledge and belief with special reference to deserts and Cirque du Soleil. Very uplifting even if it stopped me uplifting myself from the sofa for a while...

And for a washing up liquid bubble playing with me in the kitchen...It wasn't quite as lively as the little tree outside which refused to stay still to have its photo taken but which has a few clusters of bright green leaves emerging here and there among the buds and branches...


I give special thanks this afternoon for the news that Tony is home from hospital again...and all the well wishes in the world that he stays there for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics