Sunday 29 April 2012

Joy addition

I found a way back to the old blogger interface...oh inestimable joy! Stats! Reading lists!

Went into my bedroom by chance at the right time (again!) yesterday evening and watched an inward bound tanker be met by the pilot boat. No, I've no idea why this makes me squeal with delight time and time again but hey ho...free fun through your window, what's not to like?

Not long after I had a sudden burst of (relative) energy and did some tidying of a place I couldn't see while a spot of late supper was cooking. I love it when the inside of cupboards and drawers are tidy, don't you?

Today I changed my bedding. This I found monumentally difficult and had to do in instalments. Note to self: do not attempt to put a clean duvet cover on and brush hair on same day unless you want to render yourself incapable of anything but snacking and watching TV for the rest of it. Hmmm...on the other hand... PS. Note to any bright sparks thinking of suggesting I get a single: some people should be lined up against a wall and given chemotherapy!

Talking of self, I enjoyed reading an article by Will Self about 'human rights'. No I'm not going to give you a link to avoid comments of the 'Are you trying to tell me...?' variety. All I'm trying to tell you is that I enjoyed reading it, OK? I have a sort of soft spot for Will Self as his literary agent once briefly expressed an interest in my work. She changed her mind so it's as spurious a feeling of 'connection' as one is likely to come across, but there you go...

I've also just enjoyed the luxury of a snooze on the sofa. Dozing off in the sunshine is good...napping to the sounds of roaring waves, driving rain and howling winds (whilst snug indoors) is absolutely blissful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics