Monday 23 April 2012

Shopping bags

I gave thanks this morning for the zingy taste of three fruit marmalade on my rye mix toast. Oh, and for that lovely rye mix bread as well!

I gave thanks for hash browns and quorn sausages for my lunch later. There are so many foods available now we'd never heard of as children. I don't even know the half of them I know not being a meat eating car driving big supermarket shopper. Some are clearly consumer coffer draining inventions but nonetheless they are there for our indulged palates should we choose while some of them are not inventions just introductions of course and much thanks for those too...avocados and aubergines for instance. Had no idea they existed until my teens!

I give thanks for the wonderfully snuggly stay at home weather, and for being able to stay at home and do so...

Also that a second hand book I ordered from extendedpaul on Amazon late on Friday morning was there when I went to check the mail just now. Now that is service! He'll be getting feedback on the site of course but I wanted to give him a heads up on here as well. Perfectly wrapped and addressed and hand written note on the printed despatch details thanking me for my order and hoping I'd enjoy the book. I will because I read it before and just had to own it because it is such an informative and funny read. It's called Through the Language Glass by Guy Deutscher. So great gratitude to him too I guess for his work!

The last gratitude might seem a bit icky to some, but I've never let a little thing like other people's opinions spoil my fun and if you want 'normal' you're in the wrong place I'm afraid... I've been doing quite a bit of internet research on all manner of things urostomy related...hints and tips, pieces of kit...you get the idea. Well, I can't remember what it was I was looking up at the weekend but I read a link from the list that the search engine had thrown up and then I wondered what is this site I'm on? It was a site for people with all kinds of ostomies all around the world. I'm not much of a joiner, and I'm even less of a joiner in (I know a few cancerchat members have found me sadly lacking in the regular chat department). However, as well as forums and info and all the stuff you might expect this site also had a dating section! I know, I know, you don't want to think about it do you? Well, that kind of is the point of having a dating section on a site like that...so people who make other people feel faintly queasy get a look in too!  Anyway, yes of course I joined...and took a couple of pics of me with the bits that still look fairly human looking as fair as is humanly possible...and yes someone with baggage of his own has got in touch already. He lives in Florida (what is it with me and guys in Florida?) so I don't think we'll be meeting any time soon but it's the thought that counts you know...

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful to find someone you can share 'ostomies' stories about! If I tried to have a conversation with you about it all, I'm afraid all I'd be doing would be reciting from google sites, and that's not quite the same is it? But that's not to say I'm not interested, I have actually googled it before, even though I remember you saying in an earlier blog post that you'd find that strange if anyone did, I'm not strange! (Honest lol) it's just so I can have a better understanding
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics