Friday 6 April 2012

Lots of love

Look at all the cards I've received in the last couple of weeks or so! Thank you everyone!

Thank you for your messages too... And for great visitors yesterday. Rachel came in the morning bringing some munchy treats from the knock down section of her local 'alternative' supermarket. They have the kind of food I like and lots of bargains and she's brought me some delicious things before. Today it was spinach and ricotta pasta and olives! She also gave me a mini acupuncture tone up, just a few quick needles in and out but I swear I could feel the difference later. Then Jenny came and did some heavy chores and as she likes to iron sitting down we sat down next to each other on the sofa and had a great chat, getting to know each other better... and then Helen came and we had an astonishingly deep one about what 'god' really means! She also brought a bit of veg I asked for so I made myself some proper tea with all the good things to eat...and ate it all!

I give thanks for a very restful evening after all the excitement and particularly enjoyed Undateables. The narration made a big thing of how little experience the participants had but it didn't seem incredible to me. I've never ever been out on a date in the sense that someone knew me a little,and thought they'd like to know me more (and yes I have done the asking too!). I've 'lonely hearted' a few times over the years both pre and post internet and think the sum total of men I actually came face to face with was three...last time that happened would be...um...(counts on fingers...starts another hand...moves on to foot one...foot two...)...at least eighteen years ago!

However I've got together with the poor so and so's I have got together with over the years it certainly hasn't been by means of 'dating'. Lasso works well in the first instance I've found, followed by superglueing them to the seat next to me! Now don't go commenting about how lovely I am and all that, I know that, just joking and no self esteem issues at all... even though I'm somewhat less obviously enchanting nowadays...these guys were only 'poor' in the sense of 'not excellent' (for me). I haven't met anyone (yet!) I thought was really special who reciprocated...or vice versa. And that's part of what was inspiring about the first episode of this programme. It showed you don't have to give up wanting to choose even if your choice might be limited. Bring it on! Let's get everyone down off the shelf and pumpkinned to the ball!

I give thanks for anyone on this planet ever who has flown on the wings of love...who has been part of a happy couple, a warm family bond, a lasting enriching friendship. For anyone alone who has found a source of loving feeling within themselves by nurturing plants, or caring for pets...with creativity, compassion, appreciation of nature or journeys of the spirit. Do not score or compare your love - seek only to give more.

2 comments:

  1. Hi!
    The cards are beautiful! You have so many friends and people who care for you. That is great...as for romance, friends and family are there all the time, romance comes and goes. True reciprocal love comes but once a life time in my experience, if at all.
    Take care, and stay positive.
    Blessings
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gabi,i give thanks for your blog !!i just love to read your words ,and views etc sometimes i feel i,m in the room with you : / god bless Ann xx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics