Sunday 31 January 2016

A walk in the dark

I thought I'd leave this as late as I could, hoping I'd summon up some more gratitude to share...or that if I failed, a less successful post would slip under the radar. Some days, even after all this practice, it can still be the greatest challenge of all to truly give thanks...

Anyone can be grateful for great things can't they? I understand about miles and shoes, that the ones that seem shiny may not be comfy to wear, and the ones that seem comfy may not get you anywhere at all, but I can see most people's shoes are not designed for stumbling along alone like mine and wish sometimes I could try a step or two that way ... And even if I manage not to be envious, which be honest I don't always succeed at either, it can seem on a hard day as if I've only really sadness to share which isn't the idea at all...

So anyway, I'll shut up now and try to come up with some gratitudes without any qualifying 'even thoughs'...

I give thanks that even when I think I can't deal with stuff, I can.
I give thanks that I've somewhere to live, and food to eat, heat and light and water.
I give thanks I have a bed, a bath, a TV and the internet. I give thanks I can read and write.
I give thanks that I have people who are quite fond of me.
I give thanks I can appreciate all kinds of weather.
I give thanks for rubbish and recycling bins and when I took things to put in them I took my camera too. It couldn't work out how bright it was at first but I kind of like the photo before it did...


1 comment:

  1. I'm grateful for your unfailing honesty on a murky day and that you give thanks for recycling bins. But tonight I am particularly grateful for your stunning 50 shades of grey sea and skyscape. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics