Tuesday 7 June 2016

Sunny side out

I give thanks for sleeping well the first and last parts of the night, and in the middle lying awake listening to people being happy rather than angry or sad. I'm grateful people have people who think they're great, and I guess also grateful that I don't have much of an idea what that's actually like so I can't really know what I'm missing, can I? Maybe if I tell myself often enough I'll believe it...In the meantime I give thanks I can be sorrowful swiftly and silently, and not disturb others at all.

I give thanks today was designated lazy day...and there has been much lounging about in and out of the sun. It's a treat to have friends to lie down in the sun with - I feel a bit overexposed on my own surrounded by strangers even if quite covered up! I give thanks for dips in the pool. I swim so rarely these days I always forget how much I love to...which is also another thing to be grateful for I suppose...On the second circuit today I caught myself regretting I'd missed my true vocation in life - to be a fit person - and then remembered in a former life I was! Ah shucks, it sucks sometimes...

I give thanks for the half tame sparrows that hop in and out the door and fly in and out the window looking for crumbs, and a good book for flying my mind away from thoughts I'd best not be thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics