Wednesday 8 June 2016

Big fish, little fish

Hmm...I guess I should be grateful I didn't make it into the pool today by being too tired from all the other nice things I've done? For driving out to watch the lovely sunset, and the high points of our neighbour wreathed in mistiness. For the gathering of unconnected company connected by this common urge... 

For finding an ensaimada flavoured liqueur to have my statuary sips of keeping my friends' company raising glasses and a laugh or two.

For a drive out north this morning to a strange and ancient feeling landscape with many dry stone walls and structures, and stones as yet unemerged, vertigo free fishermen scarily scaling rocky promontories and folk gathering tiny unidentifiable berries in the fields.

For a roost of egrets almost hidden in the tops of a grove of lush leaved trees, twittering, muttering and chattering amongst themselves. For  a little exploring the old town, cathedral, cloisters and shops...for a shoal of tiny silvery fish swimming between the weaving mullet among the tied up yachts and speedboats... and for very nearly buying a pair of coveted sandals before siesta closure stepped in and put a stop to that.

For John for cooking aided by Jo and Jo for driving aided by John, plus the Satnav which has finally worked out which continent we're on.

Hmm...I wrote the above earlier and it has become untrue. After the necessary serious resting on the balcony following the feeble struggle into my cozzy, I finally made it downstairs and swam once round the pool. I am inordinately proud and grateful but heck the bones are moaning. Apologies to anyone who thought this post was about clubbing...though don't rule anything out, I'm nothing if not tenacious. ..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics