Monday 20 June 2016

The cake with the hole

I give thanks for a date with doughnuts tomorrow, though unfortunately I've got to lie in one and on top of another and have failed to persuade anyone to partake of tea and cake to cheer me up afterwards so it's more brave face than smiley face. I give thanks that's the face most people see...and for not seeing anyone today so I could take it off for a bit.

I give thanks I've a bag of bounty to take to the Kidney Research charity shop which is not too far from one of the bus stops at the other end, to help them fund mending people like me... I give thanks for an email from Cancer Research about how the forum's findings from earlier this year are being implemented.

I give thanks for a dozy day with nothing too pressing that didn't get pressed (I did the ironing!) and reasonable opportunities for giving in to the need for rest and snoozes. I give thanks that Rachel is coming later and has promised to search en route for the Co-op Earl Grey teabags I like the best as our local store is out of stock until after their refit and I'm down to my last half packet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics