Sunday 12 June 2016

Flown past

I give thanks for excellent assistance from distant airport staff before take-off...and from John and Jo on landing, as sadly the almost local one assumes your physical difficulties only happen in daylight hours. Mind you, having experienced the help they offer then I realise I wasn't missing much. I give thanks for not subscribing to the British way of complaining only to people who have nothing to do with the situation - constructive criticism is being constructed to send to the department concerned!

After so much pleasurable activity I give thanks for being so tired I couldn't summon my usual terror in flight terror and was quite nonchalant about take off and landing, and almost as much so zooming up the motorway in the dark! I give thanks for staying awake to see the pretty bridge lights in the little city where I was born...

I give thanks after my rather elderly mobile refused to take a charge for hours this morning and I thought it would have to be donated to Kidney Research, it suddenly burst back to life this afternoon so I was able to book a cab to carry me and my luggage up the hill. I give thanks to Jo for generous donations of unwanted jewellery for the charity instead...and for souffle omelette for breakfast.

I give thanks that despite the lush growth of leaves on the nearby trees while I was away I still managed to see some coming and going to the new air show down the bay as well as hear it...and that I'm sure Gary will have plenty of pictures, views and news to share!

I give thanks that after a quick glance at my own holiday photos I've seen a couple out of the couple of hundred taken worth keeping, and for being told the pretty flying thing we saw collecting nectar was a hummingbird hawk-moth. Sadly I missed a shot of that...so here's the naked bougainvillea instead!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics