Friday 3 June 2016

Be prepared

When I first moved here there were no lights on the many stairs at all, so I fought long and hard to get some fitted, and long and hard to have them maintained...and, when managing that proved too troublesome, to have a proper management company put in place instead...and finally today, after managing them, we are having a new LED sensor system installed! I like a quick fix, me...but I give thanks I'm prepared to go for the long game if necessary too ;-)

I give thanks for rescuing a tiny fairy daddylonglegs thing from the check out conveyor belt in Waitrose, tenderly passing it from hand to hand while I negotiated my shopping with amused help from the woman on the till who could spot it when it crept round my sleeve...I even found it when it fell on the matching floor covering, picked it up and carried through the door hoping to find a safe spot to lay it down...but it blew away in the breeze! Oh well, I give thanks I know one can but mean well, and mean to do the right thing...whilst accepting the 'right thing' is very much a relative term.

I give thanks for my post blood test beast of a feast on items I'm supposed to (and mostly do, honest!) 'avoid'. For getting all kinds of jobs done I wanted to, including watching a tennis match of course...and actually putting my sewing machine away. That's not something that happens very often these days but I've made/remade enough garments for now not to have to do a Nick Kamen when the washing's on and I'd like to tidy that corner. Here's the link for ladies of a certain age and gents of a certain persuasion https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q56M5OZS1A8 (bet you gave thanks for that!) and here's a crumpled few I prepared earlier...


I give thanks I didn't quite burn the toast while wrestling the machine back into its storage space...and that the reason I needed a slice of toast is that, though my big lunch kept me going for hours, I suddenly ran completely out of energy making food for tomorrow so couldn't do anything more for today. Later perhaps, after a flollop... I give thanks that nothing really matters, at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics