Thursday 2 June 2016

The grass is greener

I give thanks for all the neighbouring flats being empty of neighbours for several hours last night. If you have a 'private life' you may not understand what a treat this is, especially when there are some particularly troubled ones close by.

I give thanks though Rachel was unavailable this Monday to give me a treatment, she was able to find me a spot at her clinic today as next Monday I will be unavailable to receive one. I give thanks the sunshine made itself available just before I had to go out and a very pretty bus ride and back through the full leaved greenness between the hazy moor tops and the sparkling sea. What a beautiful area this is to live in! I give thanks for my good fortune in doing so, and good management too of course as, unlike many situations that seem to have been wished upon me by fate or others' wishes, moving here was definitely a conscious and well considered choice.

I give thanks for coveting a carrot cake a earlier this week in Waitrose's new even fancier and pricier own brand range. It had the current day's date on it, but wasn't marked down and I planned to go back and check if it was reduced/ suggest it should be later but what with one thing and another did not. This evening however, going to the Co op to hunt and gather half price ice-cream after the after work queues had dispersed and just before a bus was due, I found carrot cakes on the orange sticker shelf at 49p...and going like carrot cakes at 49p as I'm sure you can imagine. So of course I got cake and ice cream and happy taste buds, tummy and purse. And yes, I know a lot of posts have been about food bargains this week, but I love food and don't have much spare cash right now and would rather spend it on something else, so really am extra grateful.

I give thanks for clean sheets and duvet cover and towels, and for Body Shop rose bath bubbles. Very nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics