Monday 27 June 2016

Roundabout way

Yeah...what I said last time! Normal service will be resumed...but in the meantime I give thanks (as ever) for a spot of not...

I give thanks for my favourite substitute for tenderness - being rocked to sleep by the sea. The body seems to register it as a cuddle and releases soothing chemicals just the same. I give thanks that travel soothes the longing for belinging too. Sometimes I get criticised for not staying still...but only by people who have people that feel like home.

I give thanks for the physical pain being more settled the last couple of days...mostly settled around the hands and knees though so I also give thanks there's been no need to crawl!

I give thanks for a long term favourite bus station lunch - must be good if I'm willing to travel for twenty four hours to get my hands on it, though no buses were actually used in the process...

I give thanks I know how to go a long way without moving too much and the place I know how to get to is so eclectically pleasing when I do, with its golden beaches, mountains and busy bay with people at work and play. Special thanks for the flock of little green twin sailed yachts like butterflies and the intrepid windsurfers and sail boarders looping over the wake as we set off again.

I'll give thanks if I manage to upload this too...keep trying.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics