Wednesday 22 June 2016

Want not

I give thanks thanks for the fog this morning, I love the way it actually helps you see some things more clearly like the shape of individual trees. I give thanks for the way it rolled back onto the sea this afternoon too so that there was a bit of sunshine and it seemed as if there was a strange land on the horizon...

I give thanks for remembering seeing the backs and heads of two wild deer leaping through the high growing crops in a field yesterday...for the late running bus passing at just the right time and for the couple sitting in front of me turning round to check I'd spotted them too. There was more poetic licence with the timetables today but I don't remember any such scenic outcomes... I give thanks I managed to keep smiling, and for a much needed nap when I finally got home.

I give thanks for giving the universe lots of chances to make lovely things happen, and for keeping on believing it's unfolding the way it should when it doesn't want to take them. I give thanks I'm good at finding good things in things that don't seem to be...

I give thanks I get the news I need in an empty inbox...for understanding if I think it would be better to get the news I want to hear then I need to get better at not wanting...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics