Friday 17 June 2016

The shellfish gene

Well, I'm grateful I slept long and fairly soundly despite going to bed feeling as if my left arm had been replaced with a lobster claw - without the benefit of anaesthetic! Much as I want to finish the delightful petrol blue eyelet rib cardigan I'm making before it's time to go back to chunky yarn, I must remember to pace myself...

I give thanks for feeling a lot less crabby after catching up with sleep...and that my general crabbiness ensures a minimal social life so that I could slob about all day undressed...

I give thanks for a softly focussed mood, getting on with some odds and ends but with nothing urgently requiring my attention - well unless I forgot to give it, of course! For the most audible neighbours being out a lot, which is most beneficial for my inner peace I find... For remembering to feel compassion about their struggles and stresses, though they often contribute to mine...

I give thanks I've made enough supper for tonight and tomorrow and mostly made some lunch to take out with me too. I've an early start so probably best to have breakfast before I go to bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics