Wednesday 1 June 2016

Partial observer

I give thanks for a grey damp start to the day here. It's selfish, I know, with all those folk wanting to have fun in the sun but I'm sorry, it does my head in that it's so hard for me to so I just have to turn it off sometimes!

I give thanks the weather was better in Paris and that I could watch a couple of sets enthralling enough to do nothing at all but enjoy. I'm sure the best man won but I've a soft spot for French tennis players, especially on their home clay so I would have given thanks even if he hadn't...

I give thanks for completing the refit and revamp of my 99p Gul top. Not the kind you wear participating in watersports...the kind you wear sitting on the beach looking cute and watching, ha ha! Well, a girl can dream can't she?

I give thanks for not having too many arguments with my sewing machine. It's not that old, maybe fifteen years or so, but it was a bottom of the range model and regularly complains it's rarely serviced but that's another thing you need a car for. Gee those Merton Parkas merely scratched the surface didn't they? To be be fair it does get a lot of use...I can sew for miles and miles and miles...

I give thanks for rustling up some tasty stuffed baked pancakes with odds and ends lying around including, funnily enough, a couple of leftover home made pancakes. I give thanks for ready meals when I'm just too exhausted to cook but I do prefer real food however basic and simple...

I give thanks for making plans to do things with other people...with the other people... You know...like other people do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics