Friday 24 June 2016

Just saying

Long time readers of my blog (yes, it has been quite a long time, hasn't it?) will know how sparing I tend to be with references to what constitutes 'news', and today I'm giving particular thanks that I already have more worrying future scenarios to deal with than most people so that I don't really have that many brain cells left to devote to what others think I should be thinking about, let alone thinking what others think I should think... But for those who still want to think about it, I give thanks for finding a different way of looking at things to share...
http://www.thebookoflife.org/romantic-vs-classical-voters/

Ever since childhood I've been mystified by the arbitrary borders we humans construct and the ephemeral nature of nationhood, so I give thanks the wonder of DNA testing can show what mixed up sorts we actually all are, especially where sorting sheep from goats is concerned...or feeling that we need to...
https://vimeo.com/169217127

I give thanks for a vicarious trip to Fair Isle with Ben Fogle. Such rugged beauty always moves me to almost tears...and the island didn't look half bad either, ha ha! Yes, one must confess to a slight penchant for the slightly posh...though in reality it's quite irrelevant what my penchants might be of course as I perennially fail to be anyone else's...

I give thanks I managed to hobble into town between the rain showers and resting my aches and pains. I give thanks for remaining relatively philosophical when something kind of crucial wasn't in the post I went to collect, because let's face it - it's all pretty relative isn't it? Even what we class as 'crucial'. I give thanks I've managed to cobble together a second post after one of the day's multiple clumsinesses resulted in deleting the first one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics