Friday 18 September 2020

Unfettered

I give thanks for escaping for an hour or so this morning, cancelling my hospital transport and leaving Sam the wallpaper man at his work to take a bus to a coffee van in a car park en route with a nice lightly wooded area of green beside it. I enjoyed that such a lot in the sunshine and brisk breeze, strands of airborne geese joining into skeins and cheery cyclists whizzing by. A couple of times I even thought heard a curlew but maybe that was someone's phone ring tone! For the scenic top deck onward journey with Buddhist chants in my ears instead of the voices of mansplainers, and a heron and egret playing statues by the bridge.

For that rarity that is a taxi driver on a similar page to me albeit in a very different book - he was younger, Asian and had a background in finance! That's the second time this year I've wished the journey could go on longer for the pleasure of the company, which is not a great percentage and hence why I'm so keen on the occasional 'solitary' bus journey instead.

I'm grateful he drove a people carrier so I was able to enjoy the view some more, including the Queen Mary back where I can admire her and some big bouncy waves crashing into each other and the wall with plumes of spray. Also I was so enthralled by our putting the world to rights I forgot I would walk into a living room with the last of the old internal walls finally covered even if only with lining paper. What a difference not seeing those many blobs of sanded filler I created over the past many months! I also give thanks that after a couple of weeks of having a lot of commitments and essential chores I have two whole days to do whatever I want. What bliss! Plan A was a bath and a book but that wave display is worthy of some more of my attention first...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics