Saturday 5 September 2020

Previous

In byegone days, pre all kinds of restricting factors, this was the time of year I liked to take a little holiday and I give thanks for many memories flooding back with or without the aid of Facebook...though I must admit there is some wistfulness involved as well! I give thanks for managing to walk around the block late this afternoon. That's as good as I could hope for today... 

I've been repeatedly grateful for my pre-planning for this weekend, so that there's been no arduous chores or tasks requiring my attention and I've been able to get the restorative rest required, occasionally dabbling in gentle pastimes like reading, watching TV and more experiments with mosaic. For the food I had ready to cook or simply to serve including those trusty favourites garlic bread, hummus, coleslaw and kalamata olives - none of which I'd even heard of for at least the first third of my life, and which I'm extremely grateful eventually made themselves known to me!

For some very necessary solitude after seven hours plus of enforced interaction yesterday with a dozen or so assorted folk, mostly strangers. For the flower on my peace lily meeting my nose every time I open or close my bedroom blind so I can't overlook it's sweet but subtle fragrance. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics