Monday 7 September 2020

Brief

It's not that I'm not grateful I live in a time and place where I'm kept alive, but sometimes I wake up and the upcoming potential trials of treatment and transport really do not appeal! Since opportunities for mini escapes between hospital days have become harder to find this seems to happen more often, so I was grateful when wondering whether to go to the Co op before I set off today I decided I definitely should... and go to the beach for a few minutes first. 

I gave thanks the beach is only a short way away as I was still tired and sore. That the the mild bright start to the day hadn't faded to the clouds and rain that followed, and it was neither too breezy nor too peoply for my tastes. For the warmth of the sunshine, the sparkles on the water and the wagtails wagging on the sand... for a few minutes of holiday feeling.

I give thanks the Co-op wasn't too busy, and as it's been a long day due to various delays I'm really grateful the shopping I wanted was on my shelves not theirs when I got home and including their last but one pint of semi skimmed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics