Friday 25 September 2020

Closed

I give thanks I have my phone in my hand as I start to write this. I left it behind when exiting the unit today and was searching through my rucksack for it when Lesley, - who'd just been saying she used to be athletic, came hurtling down the corridor with it. I've not had her put me on the machine for many a month and she deserves a mention in the gratitude files for being so gentle with the needles I didn't actually feel the first one go in at all! She also made me a fresh cup of tea when traffic delays meant I was a bit late for the trolley round. Clive deserves a special mention too for going back down to his car when to fetch the phone when I left it there as well (doh!) ... oh and for giving me a lift home from the hospital as he'd a little shelf he'd made to my specs to deliver and a couple of other quick jobs he'd said he'd do. How lucky I am to have a handy handyman I don't have to actually share a home with! 

I was wary about going in a non-taxi car, illogical though that might be, but he was very good and wore a mask while I sat in the back just like in a cab. He was also (unlike a cab) amenable to rebelliously driving down the prettiest lane that is meant to be access only now. It has some fabulous views and some fabulous properties the owners of which, one suspects, prefer not to have us commoners spoiling their privileged vistas... But there is also a favoured railway suicide spot down there so who knows, and as a mutual acquaintance of ours took his life down there when the road was still open we felt justified in taking a detour to pay our respects...and take in the scenery at the same time. 

I give thanks for the gradually turning leaves blowing in the wind today with their characteristic crisping rustle. For a busy morning before I left so a relaxed evening and start to the weekend can follow. For a pan of leftovers waiting to be heated up. For the bright moon half moon reflected on the dark water, and twinkling cruise ship lights. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics