Monday 21 September 2020

Wakeful

I could contentedly watch a boat wake for hours, so I give thanks for finding a way to have fifteen minutes of its pleasure today. For more warm sunshine, and the beautiful coast and countryside around here. For another ingenious attempt to bring a sense of holiday to a hospital day before autumn gets a grip. And for a gentle nudge to the CCG about my stalled patient held transport budget which will mean negotiations are just between myself and providers and requests to make changes (like this morning's ignored call morning's call to cancel) don't sink in quicksands of bureaucracy!

I give thanks for an enjoyable morning with a surprising and useful amount of energy, and for my extended scenic route to the unit including buying granary bread from a favourite baker, and finding a quiet seat to eat lunch near an ex residence of mine in a leafy city backwater ironically very close to the hospital.

I give thanks for nothing on the agenda for the evening but a bath and back to bed where I've been lying since I got home. Treatment today didn't agree with the machine which kept beeping and stalled several attempts at a nap, nor my body which feels all out of sorts and achy. I give thanks for something nice to do tomorrow afternoon after a hopefully restorative mega rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics