Monday 28 September 2020

Different

I give thanks the renal dietician is happy with the contents of my blood. Not so grateful the fistula nurse is displeased with the speed it's going round. It needs to be going through the machine quickly enough to get properly clean, so I can see what she means...but of more concern to me was her dismissal of the opinions and methods of the new surgeon I saw earlier this month. He doesn't do things like us, she said, in a way that made it clear she meant he did it wrong and she knew better...but is that really the case or is it just that there actually are other perfectly acceptable (maybe even better?) ways of approaching dialysis patient care? I would feel more confident if everyone agreed, even if I didn't like what they agreed on but hey ho, nowt I can do about it but carry on defying various kinds of odds as best I can.

I give thanks for the therapeutic effects of mosaic making, tennis and red lentil dal! Oh and for a strange but utterly delicious cookie like concoction I thought up during the afternoon and tried out while sorting out the rice and veg and poppadoms. For having lots of energy and almost no pain today which would have been more fun yesterday but has been very welcome nonetheless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics