Saturday 26 September 2020

Inferior

I gave thanks for the string of racing yachts earlier highlighting the size of the behemoths in the bay. For the sea wall open again and the dark clothed figures highlighting the drop in temperature despite blue sky and bright sunshine. For this reminding me to put a down jacket on...though I wish I'd remembered a scarf for a forced march around a long block which I was sure would be good for physical and mental health though it didn't feel that way at all!

I give thanks for tasty food, easy to prepare and cook. For managing some of the nonetheless mysteriously constantly growing pile of washing up... For accepting I was too tired and achy and muddle headed to be productive or enjoyably engaged in much today. For a nice nap...and starting The Gendered Brain which so far is listing all the futile historical attempts to 'scientifically' prove the inherent differences - and inherent inferiority of the female sort, of course. I thought this sign of the masculine inferiority complex died out with phrenology but it was still alive and demonstrating comprehension of the off side rule when MRI scanners came in. Quelle Horreur!

I give thanks tomorrow Roland Garros begins...and will be televised on terrestrial UK TV. Don't care who's playing, don't care who wins, just want to be getting a belated abbreviated tennis fix! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics