Friday 11 September 2020

Unsafe

Oh the curse of safe places eh - those nooks you tuck things into thinking you'll stop them getting damaged or going astray but where they promptly disappear into another dimension... This morning I searched literally high and low for the spot I'd put a pair of brackets but they refused to be found, and I wasn't even a little bit grateful for the wasted time...except that two of the things I had meant to do with it - send an email and make a phone call chasing stuff - didn't need doing in the end as while I was on my wild goose chase the parties I had been going to try to contact rang me instead. I give thanks next week I should have my new front windows and next month, all being well, my home help again....oh and some replacement brackets from Ebay in a few days!

I give thanks for making it to the Co-op before hospital as I was late home and it's very chilly and I really wouldn't have wanted to go out again. For the woman on the till shouting to the people in the queue behind me to maintain social distance which I greatly appreciated as they kept shuffling forward behind me so there were no gaps at all.

For surviving the mild horror of a journey where the taxi driver kept his window open so he could keep throwing his gum out of it and, apart from this manoeuvre, kept one hand on his e-cigarette thingy (terminology I'm proud not to know!) throughout. Driver on the way home insisted on both his front windows open so I'm grateful I took a light hat and scarf, though a jacket as well would have been better. I'm sure they'd say it was for Covid safety but dread the winter night journeys if they carry on like this...

I give thanks it's the weekend. For some quick supper ready to eat. For my new kitchen tap making washing up so much easier...though not any more appealing unfortunately!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics