Wednesday 23 September 2020

Weighty

The golden light on the cruise ships was very pretty tonight, plus the airbrushed sunset at the end of a showery day. I give thanks for the view from my window, and as the evenings are getting chillier I give thanks for my windows too! For an OK day at the office despite feeling rather hard done by that it was just a day at the office with no little side excursion added on as I've had the last couple of hospital days. For a nurse telling me I always seem calm and a driver that I always seem positive - it's great to have endorsement for my dormant acting skills!

I give thanks for taking time to mostly make my dinner before leaving earlier. The renal consultant visited me earlier (I didn't recognise her at first in mask and scrubs!) but I was grateful she gave me a thumbs up for fluid retention (my valiant kidney is finally giving up) and also authorising a slight increase in 'target weight' so I don't have to ration my food intake as well. Think I'll be having an extra Yorkshire pudding with my savoury Sainsbury's veggie mince! 

I was also delighted to encounter in passing the now greying but still dapper splendid chap who was my urology surgeon. How are you? He asked. I'm still here I replied. You always say that, he said, You'll be still here after I'm gone!

I give thanks last night's Yoga Nidra was designed to energise and it really did seem to do so. Twenty four hours later I still feel so much better than I did twenty four hours before that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics