Tuesday 22 September 2020

Equinoctial*

I give thanks for friends' Facebook posts reminding me it is the autumn equinox, for mentioning that to Jan and she reminding me of the stunning crescent moon last night  which, despite being mostly horizontal, I managed to briefly appreciate when drawing the curtains closed!

It's the time of year when older couples tend to take their South West breaks and I give thanks for some of the men reminding me being single in later life can have its compensations... Oh and for some of the dogs I over hear reminding me not all pet sounds have good vibrations! I give thanks for the way musical references creep into my blog posts almost without me realising. I should do a 'Spot the...' competition at the end of the week and see if readers find more than me! 

I give thanks for the autumnal turn to the weather meaning Jo suggested postponing our proposed garden lunch. I was looking forward to seeing her, but in much need of as much of a rest as possible given mounds of washing up and laundry plus some enticing new mosaic materials arriving. I'm very grateful for all enjoyable activity I've squeezed in lately but a slow paced home based day has been extremely welcome. For a long soak with a forensic pathologist's memoirs and a yoga nidra session next on the what I'd like to do list rather than the one with the shorter title... 

* Did you just learn a new word? Yep, me too and we won't get a chance to use it again for months! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics