Sunday 14 May 2017

Now you don't

I give thanks I didn't have to watch that singing thing on TV last night. Of course nobody had to watch it but I give thanks so many people seem to enjoy it so much! I give thanks for filling in a quiet night in both real and virtual worlds watching the excellent C4 4-parter Born to Kill. Genuinely scary and not in any Scandinavian so you can look away from the TV screen now and then and still understand what's going on...

For following a plane's journey and the stream of bright pink pointers marking yachts racing at night via transport tracking sites. For all the holiday photos people have been sharing...

I give thanks for hearing from Bob, also having an alternative Saturday evening's birthday weekend entertainment and randomly messaging me rather later than he (or indeed anyone else) normally would, as if aware I was awake and, as the programme had just ended, wondering what to do next. For being a mother for so many years now I have to do sums on my fingers to check... I always think single parents should have a big fuss made of them on their children's birthdays, but of course if you're a single parent there's no one but you to do that job too!

I give thanks for waking much too early from too much bright outside and too much dark inside my head...and having a good book to bury myself in. Feeling rather low and lonesome after all the sociability of the last couple of weeks, I give thanks for finally making myself get up and go out to post those finally filled in forms. For my flat looking good in the estate agents' window, the deli being open to collect handmade cake to share with Mima and for tea in her suntrap garden. I give thanks for a catch up nap on the way now I'm home...can hardly keep my eyes open!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics