Thursday 25 May 2017

Guilt trip

I give thanks I love the sunshine because if it hadn't been shining so brightly again I reckon I might have snoozed in bed with a book today and given my sore bits a rest. I give thanks for Mima giving me a lift home yesterday afternoon or I'm sure they would have been sorer!

I'm trying to build up my stamina for travel as I yearn to go places so much, and so I give thanks for managing another journey today, into the city for a cheap hair cut and a few other odds and ends. I give thanks for remembering to wear the dress I made last summer expressly for this purpose being cool, comfortable, practical and less like the tail end of a festival than a lot of stuff I wear when the weather is warm (whilst still not looking like anything anyone else would wear of course!) For the young woman who gave my hair a trim complimenting me on it. I give thanks for being a skinny bint who is nifty with (despite?) pins and needles, and can turn sarongs into actual garments. For buying a top that nearly fits...and baking a good pudding last night to help me fill it out a bit more...

I give thanks for all the good food available on street stalls or in the shops. For it being warm enough to snack outside as eating inside on your own is never that comfortable is it?

Though I miss long walks I enjoy being an elevated passenger this time of year - the treasure of the coutryside laid out to see, with lush hedgerows and all the different greens of plants and trees. I give thanks for my first sight this summer of swifts and martins swooping well...swiftly! For rhododendrons and azaleas glimpsed in gardens - I love their showy brightness against the shiny dark green of their leaves.

I give thanks for music to take my head away from the rather tedious conversations (or monologues) around me... For wry amusement at the male of the species' need to impart pearls of what they perceive as wisdom...and the female urge to state the mind numbingly obvious, though of course we all are capable of both...and culpable!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics