Tuesday 30 May 2017

Public image

I give thanks for public transport. Sometimes I'm not that keen on the public I have to share it with but hey ho and all that... I give thanks for the beautiful local scenery of coast and moor with lots of lush countryside in between, and for it somehow looking even more delightful on the way back from acupuncture...

I give thanks for earbuds bringing Buddhist chants to my brain to remind me to be aware of how much we all have in common and have compassion for my fellow travellers...and/or thumpier stuff to simply drown the outsiders out. For a motorbike roaring past the bus at the end of Funk Soul Brother and thoroughly confusing my head...

I give thanks for Molly waiting behind the door when I arrived to feed and make a fuss of her, and a chairful of sunshine on the sheltered patio on a mostly cloudy and breezy afternoon. For actually falling asleep on Mima's sofa...well she did say to make myself at home while she was away and it had been a very busy day!


I give thanks for pottering through the late afternoon waiting for the viewers to come and go...and thus being quite pleased with a long queue at the post office. For some good bits and bobs arriving from my favourite online bargain store. For having our new electronic bus arrival board pointed out to me...and spotting this artwork all by myself. Well you would, wouldn't you...and it's all made of things. I love things made of things... which probably doesn't describe the process or product very well, but I'm too tired to care just now!

For coming home to an immaculate flat - even by my usually pretty prettified standards. For some leftovers heating up for tea and the bath water heating up for afters...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics